What is Infusionsoft you’re thinking? Put simply, Infusionsoft offers an e-mail marketing and sales platform for small businesses.
Infusionsoft has many functions including:
- Management & Optimisation of Customer Lifecycle
- Customer Relationship Management ( CRM )
- Marketing automation
- Lead Capture
- E-commerce . . . . Just to name a few
Marketing is awesome but being in quite a niche and unique field, you can sometimes feel overwhelmed and question how do I do this in our field of work.
Trades; how do we use Infusionsoft for a trades business?
That’s where I come in! Infusionsoft is great for any business type and I’m going to show you how we as a Maintenance Plumbing Business use it!
Long Time Nurture
In the trades industry, it’s important to keep front of mind. There are so many plumbers, builders, carpenters and electricians out there. It’s not too hard to find an alternative. So our aim is that when everyone in Melbourne goes, “damn I need a plumber”, they think of Gallant Plumbing! So to do this we use email marketing. In infusionsoft we have a ‘Long Time Nurture’ campaign which sends an email to our clients every month. The type of content in the emails vary from blog post, industry related articles, company news/updates and anything we believe our customers would find relevant. We have different types of clients who won’t find value from receiving the same content. In infusionsoft, you can apply tags to contacts which allows you to market to them differently and send them down different nurture campaigns.
By touching base with some valuable content once a month, we believe we sit in a great place; we aren’t spamming our clients, but we’re not leaving them high and dry either! By doing this, we also appear to be well informed, educated and a trustworthy source. This allows our clients to have great confidence in us and the work that we do!
Infusionsoft has enabled us to completely transform the quoting experience for our clients in an amazing way. Before Infusionsoft, our clients would receive an email with a pdf version of their quote . . . And that was it. End of quoting experience and we wouldn’t hear from anyone unless they decided to proceed with the quote.
And now with Infusionsoft the process goes as so:
- Quote created in Qwilr software
- Quote sent through Infusionsoft
- Day after quote was sent, a follow-up call to ensure quote has been received
- A series of 4 follow-up emails between 4-10 weeks (depending on client type)
- Unless decision has been made, after fourth email a follow-up call is made to see where they are at with the quote.
- Apply relevant tag as to when to follow up next ( 1 month, 4 month etc)
- If still no decision made, a follow-up call every month until a decision is made.
Just a little bit different . . . . This is a perfect example of the power Infusionsoft has; it can completely transform the customer service experience. And conversion rates have changed dramatically. All the effort is worth it!
Another important aspect of any business is Reviews. Customers are far more likely to choose a business if they have lots of positive reviews, as compared to competing businesses who don’t. And in today’s day and age, 92% of customers read online reviews before they make a purchase decision, so they are imperative!
In Infusionsoft, we have setup a feedback request campaign, which allows us to get internal feedback and encourages our customers to put their positive review up on an external platform such as Facebook or Google. I will admit, it’s hard to get anyone to put an external review up, no matter what (especially for a trades business!). But Infusionsoft has enhanced that aspect of our business and reviews have increased, which is exactly what we are after.
The process of Feedback Request in infusionsoft goes as follows:
- Once invoice is ‘fully paid’ an email is sent requesting feedback
- The email asks them to ‘click the smiley face’ which best indicated their feelings about their experience.
- Depending on what they click (very happy, medium, not happy) they are directed to a web form where they are asked 4 questions.
- If they clicked positive, once they have completed their webform, they are immediately sent an email requesting they put their review up externally (on google or facebook)
- And then we cross our fingers that they do!
The process is all automated and simply happens in the background, which is another great benefit of Infusionsoft.
Since launching this campaign, our reviews have increased. We even had a new client engage us the other day, purely based on searching up Melbourne Plumber and reading our reviews of Plumbing businesses. Our reviews won her over! That’s when we realise how valuable and worth while external reviews are.
A frustration of ours is finding great plumbers to don the Gallant Plumbing uniform. Similar to our Long Time Nurture campaign, we have a nurturing campaign for people who show interest in working with us.
We predominantly use social media to engage with plumbers and we try to direct them to a landing page to ‘Stay in the Gallant Plumbing Employment Loop’. This landing page is developed in (you guessed it) Infusionsoft, and requires them to enter their name, email address and phone number. We then touch base with them through an email series every 6 weeks. This is to ensure we stay front of mind and we personally have a database of plumbers at our fingertips for when we are in need of a new plumber to join the team!
These are just a few of the ways we as a trade business are enhancing our business through Infusionsoft! We sync Infusionsoft with our job management system, Simpro to ensure a seamless customer service experience for each of our clients. If you have any questions about Infusionsoft or how we as a trades business are utilising it, ask below in the comments! Or contact us through our contact form HERE.
Other Posts You May Like:
- Simpro Job Management Software
- Qwilr; Professional, Interactive Quotes
- The Best Content Design Tool to give Your Social Media the Upper Hand
- Simple Processes That Will WOW Your Customers