Blocked Drain? How annoying!
Here are some tips and tricks to try unblock you drain before you call a plumber.
Use a Chemical Solution
You can either purchase this from your supermarket or craft up your own concoction with household supplies. If you purchase a solution from the supermarket, it will have its own instructions for you to follow. However if you decide to concoct your own solution, here are the steps found on Wiki How:
- A mixture of vinegar, baking soda and water is effective and eco-friendly.
- Start by pouring some boiled water down the drain
- Then, pour some baking soda down the drain and let it sit for 3-5 minutes
- Next, pour 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of boiled water down and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Finally, pour another pot of boiled water down the drain to clear it all out.
Use multiple plumbing tools
When you think of a blocked drain, whats the first tool you think of?
A Plunger? Plungers are great to use if you have a blocked bath, toilet or sink. See the tips here from WikiHow on how to properly use a plunger
A drain snake is another effective tool. When inserting the drain snake, twirl it around as it gets further down the pipe, as this will assist it to get to the blockage and break-up debris. Once fully inserted, begin slowly pulling it back out. You can complete this process multiple times
Can’t seem to unblock it yourself? I think it’s time you call a profession!
Here at Gallant, when we attend a blocked drain, our expert plumbers focus on 3 things:
- Locating the exact spot of the blocked drain
- Clearing the drain so it becomes useable ASAP
- Determining the reason why the drain became blocked and provide advice to reduce the chances of it happening again.
Our plumbers will always give you advice on the best options for replacement or repair.
Give us a call on 1300 830 956 or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our post: How to Prevent Drain Blockages, to ensure this doesn’t happen to you again!